Sunday, November 7, 2010

I Think I Have Alzheimers!

I just realized that I am absolutely, positively horrible. You see last year James signed us up to bring 48 rolls to The Hunger Dinner for the homeless that our church puts on. I had just had MaryKate less than 2 weeks earlier, but went and purchased the rolls at Costco just to get myself out of the house. On the day of the banquet I completely forgot to bring them. No one called, but the following week when I noticed moldy rolls on top of the fridge, I just about died. I forgot to feed the poor & needy! Aaah!
So this year when the sign up list came around I specifically signed up for rolls again as some form of penance for having forgotten last year. But this year I vowed to make fresh, homemade rolls. (That should make up for it, right?!) I wrote it on my calendar and called my friend for her roll recipe. I even practiced making them for my book club earlier in the week to make sure I knew how to make them just right. Then Friday came around, I took James to the airport for his conference, and completely forgot until today at church they thanked all the families for their donations to the Hunger Banquet. Aaah! No! I forgot again...

4 comments:

Becca said...

Well, we're really glad you came to visit us! : )

Zach and Sarah said...

It's not alzheimer's. It's called momnesia. I heard it goes away after your kids leave home. I wouldn't know. I still have it.

Mindy said...

I may have laughed out loud at this. :)

Lindsay said...

Oh no!! Kathy, that is why I love you so much!