Sunday, June 26, 2011

Meat Loaf...Cake?

So, after taking a cake decorating class this month, cake has been on the brain. This afternoon, we came up with this idea, silly I know, of making a meat loaf cake. So the "cake" part is meatloaf formed into patties and baked for 40 mins. The filling is mashed potatoes. The frosting is a homemade zesty bbq sauce. The flowers are mashed sweet potatoes and regular mashed potatoes. Peas and green beans were used for garnish. Tasted great, looks fun. I guess that is what you get for having a lot of time on your hands on a Sunday afternoon.







2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Awesome, Kath! Plain Awesome! I need me some awesome!!

Sheridan said...

Hi, Kathy! I'm finally getting around to posting about your Meat Loaf Cake on the website. Better late than never, right?

Click here to see: http://www.bake-decorate.com/1/post/2011/07/meat-loaf-cake-waitwhat.html

I'm just leading people back to your post on your blog. Hope that's ok.

Thanks so much for the fun and creative idea!

Hope you're well!
Sheridan